Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Gotta' Love Jerry Jones

In lieu of Tony Romo's broken pinkie, and Adam "No-Longer-Pacman" Jones' indefinite suspension, Jerry Jones attempts to appease Cowboys fans with the trade for wide receiver Roy Williams from the Detroit Lions. This seems like a good move for the long term of the WR position for the 'Boys. Terrell Owens is only going to be on the team for another year or two (Jones probably doesn't like his attitude), and Roy Williams is a guy alot like Owens without the baggage. I know, I know, Williams has his problems, but he hasn't single handily destroyed two franchises (I use "destroyed" lightly). But back to Jerry Jones. Jones' attempt to appease Cowboys fans worked, in my book. I was down and pessimistic about the direction of Dallas since the loss to Arizona, Romo's injury, NL-Pacman's turmoil, and it is still scaring me the way Owens reacted after the Washington loss. But, now that Dallas gets some excellent talent opposite Owens (which he described as being "ecstatic" on hearing the news), when Romo gets back the only problem he's going to have is "who do I give the ball to?" So take your pick double TO, Williams, Witten, or Barber, but you certainly can't cover them all. So I am now optimistic the Cowboys can head into their week 10 bye going 2-1 without Romo, and with options when he gets back. Just what the doctor ordered.

No comments: