Wednesday, September 24, 2008

No Post-Season for Yanks

I am a Red Sox fan. Most of it comes from the Texas Rangers being terrible year in and year out, and when playoff time rolled around each year I found myself rooting against the Yankees. Often times those late season/post-season series were between the Sox and the Yanks, so I sort of hopped on the Bo-Sox bandwagon and began to follow them. However, On a night when the Sox clinched a playoff birth for the fifth time out of six years, the Yanks clinched a guaranteed NON-playoff spot. All this in the last year of Yankee Stadium. While I may genuinely despise the most overpaid-underachieving team maybe in baseball history it kind of saddens me to see them go out like this. I always enjoyed the past few seasons where they got knocked off in the playoffs, it was like a tradition for me. I love traditions new and old, and to see "The House that Ruth Built" go out without a playoff run seems like something isn't quite right.

No comments: