Saturday, September 27, 2008

USC Bandwagon Crashed!


I think I called this one. Not that USC would lose because I think everyone in there right mind realized that they would lose at least one game, but I called the fact that first everyone is jumping off the USC bandwagon. People were already crowning them as national champs before they even played a game. Now everyone is talking about droping them out of the top 10.

Second, I called the fact that the USC homers would make excuses how this loss doesn't matter. A certain ESPN radio talk show host said that if he was offered USC vs. SEC as to who is going to win the national championship he would take USC. I thought that was crazy because you never take one over twelve and because the SEC is one of the toughest conferences out there, much tougher than the PAC-10. I listened to his show on Friday and all he did was make excuses for USC and how the loss doesn't matter, blah, blah, blah.

Really I don't care, I think this just shows the need for play-off system. The only way to fairly determine a true national champ is to have a play-off. It can't keep being the same teams playing ever year, how many chances is Ohio State going to get.

No comments: